Flyers-Canadiens Game 5: Preliminary Postgame
Due to work-related issues, I had to tape the game. But I did catch some highlights, so I can add some quick thoughts on Game 5.
– If there’s a level beyond on fire, RJ Umberger is living there right now. His first goal of the game was amazing – the reach to grab the puck while on his back and tuck it behind Price. All from a guy who only scored 13 times in the regular season. Incredible. And remember – Umberger has been extremely effective against PIttsburgh this season.
– Not a pretty one for Mike Richards, but the Flyers will take it. Anyone else notice the Habs fans booing Richards?
– No one knew Mike Knuble could skate so fast. Probably not even Knuble himself. Until tonight, that is.
– Speaking of fans, what a class act by Montreal. They cheered their own team during the last seconds of the game, despite the knowledge that they would lose. Don’t forget – the Canadiens weren’t even slated by many pundits to make the playoffs, let alone place first in the conference.
– Off to Pittsburgh to strike up another rivalry. Like this one needs any stoking.